Below are the suggested replacement products for the Kvaser BlackBird SemiPro HS/HS.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us for more information.
Kvaser BlackBird SemiPro HS/HS
NOTE: The Kvaser Blackbird SemiPro HS (73-30130-00453-5) has been marked "End of Life". Existing customers are encouraged to migrate to the Kvaser Blackbird v2 (73-30130-00671-3).
For more information, please contact us.
Kvaser BlackBird SemiPro is a high performance wireless (WLAN) communication link to the CAN bus. The wireless interface offers increased mobility and extended range of coverage for CAN bus networks. Kvaser BlackBird SemiPro is able to function over existing wireless infrastructure or in Ad Hoc mode.
- WLAN version 802.11b/g.
- Encryption: WPA2/WPA/WEP128/WEP64.
- Accessibility: Public/Private.
- Provides the functionality of a WLAN and a USB-to-CAN bus interface in a single device.
- Designed for USB 2.0, backward compliant with USB 1.1.
- Rugged lightweight aluminium housing for protection against dust and moisture.
- Messages are time-stamped and synchronized with a precision of 25 microsecond.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Supports silent mode for analyzing tools.
- Polyurethane cabling for extreme environments.
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN bus driver stage to protect the hardware.
- Equipped with a 45 cm (17.7 in.) long CAN cable.
- Interfaces the CAN bus via 9 pin D-SUB connector.
- Includes DSUB 15 pin to 2xDSUB 9 pin adapter.
- Quick and easy Plug-and-Play installation.
- Operating voltage CAN bus (7 - 40 V DC).
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Typical values are: 400mA if powered from the USB (~5V). 1.4W for single channel powered from the CAN bus. 1.8W for dual channel powered from the CAN bus. 2.2W for three channel powered from the CAN bus.
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
-30 °C to +85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser SocketCAN Device Drivers
Kvaser SocketCAN Drivers for Linux
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Kvaser Blackbird Configuration Tutorial (Part 1)
This tutorial demonstrates how to setup the Kvaser Blackbird wireless CAN interface. Includes configuration, security, and network connection.
Kvaser Blackbird Connect Tutorial (Part 2)
This tutorial describes how to connect a configured Kvaser Blackbird device to a computer.
WE HAVE OVER UNIQUE SOFTWARE OPTIONS TO PAIR WITH KVASER HARDWARE
As well as having a premium global reseller network, Kvaser provides all it’s customers with access to a large number of tailored software that works perfectly with Kvasrer hardware.
Bus Analysis24 Software Partners in this category
Monitor and analyze CAN messages on the bus. Check error codes, bus speed, and more.
Calibration8 Software Partners in this category
Software and tools use to measure and fine tune CAN bus systems with precision.
CANopen14 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries and software specializing in the CANopen protocol, widely used in the Industrial Automation market and beyond.
Data Acquisition6 Software Partners in this category
Software for data management and analysis in real-time and post-measurement. Some packages include provision for gathering video, gps and data from other sensors.
Diagnostics11 Software Partners in this category
Tools for developing diagnostic functionality in any system, including ECUs. These include pre-generated diagnostic software components that will help developers and engineers to create reliable diagnostic functions and sequences that work throughout the test chain.
ECU Development12 Software Partners in this category
Development platforms that enable the design of automotive subsystems, up to entire ECU networks.
Protocol Stack11 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries for developing CANopen slave or master devices. Available in C-code and supporting a range of MCUs, these stacks are proven in the field.
System Development13 Software Partners in this category
Software packages that aid in the development of high-quality systems for automation, automotive, and systems integration.
Kvaser-Compatible Software Provided by 99 Software Partners
See our entire list of 52 Technical Associates over 97 countries always ready to give you fully customized support.View Partner List