Kvaser Memorator HS/LS
NOTE: The Kvaser has been marked "End of Life". Existing customers are encouraged to migrate to the Kvaser Memorator 2xHS v2 (73-30130-00821-2).
For more information, please contact us.
Kvaser Memorator HS/LS is a dual channel, intermediate performance, CAN bus interface and standalone Datalogger. Standalone mode logs data to an expandable SD card slot; interface mode connects to the PC with USB1.1. One CAN channel is for High-Speed CAN, while the second CAN channel is for Low-Speed CAN (EAN# 00170-1).
Kvaser Memorator makes it possible for you to log data from a CAN bus to a standard SD or MMC disk. Kvaser Memorator provides a dual channel CAN bus interface with a standard USB interface and is delivered with a SD disk. Support for High-Speed, Low-Speed and Single-Wire CAN through different product versions.
Kvaser Memorator has a USB connection and can be used as a powerful CAN to USB interface as well as a standalone CAN data logger - two products in one! As a data logger, it is for example perfect as a flight recorder due its compact design. A great advantage is that all configurations are made with a user-friendly configuration program and are stored on the flash disk. It makes it both easy and convenient to set configurations with the PC and download it to Kvaser Memorator for use in the field.
Major features of Kvaser Memorator
- One device for desktop and laptop.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 10 microseconds resolution.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN messages.
- Supports "listen-only" mode for bus analysis tools.
- Driver support for major operating systems.
- 100% compatible with applications written for Leaf, LAPcan, PCIcan, PCcan and USBcan with Kvaser's CANlib.
- One SD/MMC connector that accepts SD or MMC flash disks, currently up to 1 GB.
- One CAN connection ISO-11898 high-speed, 50kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s (Philips TJA1050).
- Optional, second CAN connection that can be either high-speed (TJA1050), low-speed (Philips TJA1054), or single-wire (AU5790)
- One USB 1.1 connection (12 Mbit/s). This connection is compatible with USB 2.0.
- Power from CAN bus or from the USB side.
- Built-in real time (calendar) clock with battery backup.
- Logger status is indicated with four externally visible LEDs.
- Plastic housing with dimension WLH about 509025 mm (circa 2 x 3,5 x 1 inch)
- NOTE: Product ships with Commercial Grade SD card (-20 to +70°C). Industrial Grade SD cards (-40 to +85°C) are available for additional purchase. Contact your local Kvaser office for details.
Functions in Kvaser Memorator:
Kvaser Memorator can log continuously, or logging can be triggered by external triggers (rising or falling edge) and/or by messages and signals on the CAN bus (triggered by identifier, or data contents.) Pre- and post-triggers are available.
To enhance logging performance, Kvaser Memorator can filter out selectable messages to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.Memory cardsStandard MMC or SD type flash memory cards can be used. Larger memory cards, up to 1 GB, can be used. See our support pages for more information.
Configuration software in the PC:
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB.
Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-25 °C to +85 °C
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices. For using Kvaser proprietary API. Do not install if using SocketCAN.
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Linux SDK library. Provides extended libraries for accessing dbc files, controlling data logger family, and converting/extracting log files.
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Standalone installer for Kvaser Database Editor.
Logger setup and configuration program for Kvaser Memorator Professional, Kvaser Memorator and Kvaser Memorator Light.
A free of charge, general-purpose CAN bus monitor. It works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser and also with the virtual CAN bus.
Kvaser Memorator Setup Tool - Trigger Guide
Kvaser Memorator Professional User's Guide
Kvaser Database Editor User's Guide
Getting Started Kvaser Memorator/Memorator Professional as Datalogger
Kvaser Memorator Tools Setup Example
Introduction to Kvaser Memorator Tools for Kvaser Memorator Professional.
WE HAVE OVER UNIQUE SOFTWARE OPTIONS TO PAIR WITH KVASER HARDWARE
As well as having a premium global reseller network, Kvaser provides all it’s customers with access to a large number of tailored software that works perfectly with Kvasrer hardware.
Bus Analysis26 Software Partners in this category
Monitor and analyze CAN messages on the bus. Check error codes, bus speed, and more.
Calibration9 Software Partners in this category
Software and tools use to measure and fine tune CAN bus systems with precision.
CANopen14 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries and software specializing in the CANopen protocol, widely used in the Industrial Automation market and beyond.
Data Acquisition10 Software Partners in this category
Software for data management and analysis in real-time and post-measurement. Some packages include provision for gathering video, gps and data from other sensors.
Diagnostics15 Software Partners in this category
Tools for developing diagnostic functionality in any system, including ECUs. These include pre-generated diagnostic software components that will help developers and engineers to create reliable diagnostic functions and sequences that work throughout the test chain.
ECU Development14 Software Partners in this category
Development platforms that enable the design of automotive subsystems, up to entire ECU networks.
Protocol Stack12 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries for developing CANopen slave or master devices. Available in C-code and supporting a range of MCUs, these stacks are proven in the field.
System Development20 Software Partners in this category
Software packages that aid in the development of high-quality systems for automation, automotive, and systems integration.
Kvaser-Compatible Software Provided by 120 Software Partners
See our entire list of 52 Technical Associates over 97 countries always ready to give you fully customized support.View Partner List