Below are the suggested replacement products for the Kvaser Memorator HS/LS.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us for more information.
Kvaser Memorator HS/LS
NOTE: The Kvaser has been marked "End of Life". Existing customers are encouraged to migrate to the Kvaser Memorator 2xHS v2 (73-30130-00821-2).
For more information, please contact us.
Kvaser Memorator HS/LS is a dual channel, intermediate performance, CAN bus interface and standalone Datalogger. Standalone mode logs data to an expandable SD card slot; interface mode connects to the PC with USB1.1. One CAN channel is for High-Speed CAN, while the second CAN channel is for Low-Speed CAN (EAN# 00170-1).
Kvaser Memorator makes it possible for you to log data from a CAN bus to a standard SD or MMC disk. Kvaser Memorator provides a dual channel CAN bus interface with a standard USB interface and is delivered with a SD disk. Support for High-Speed, Low-Speed and Single-Wire CAN through different product versions.
Kvaser Memorator has a USB connection and can be used as a powerful CAN to USB interface as well as a standalone CAN data logger - two products in one! As a data logger, it is for example perfect as a flight recorder due its compact design. A great advantage is that all configurations are made with a user-friendly configuration program and are stored on the flash disk. It makes it both easy and convenient to set configurations with the PC and download it to Kvaser Memorator for use in the field.
Major features of Kvaser Memorator
- One device for desktop and laptop.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 10 microseconds resolution.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN messages.
- Supports "listen-only" mode for bus analysis tools.
- Driver support for major operating systems.
- 100% compatible with applications written for Leaf, LAPcan, PCIcan, PCcan and USBcan with Kvaser's CANlib.
- One SD/MMC connector that accepts SD or MMC flash disks, currently up to 1 GB.
- One CAN connection ISO-11898 high-speed, 50kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s (Philips TJA1050).
- Optional, second CAN connection that can be either high-speed (TJA1050), low-speed (Philips TJA1054), or single-wire (AU5790)
- One USB 1.1 connection (12 Mbit/s). This connection is compatible with USB 2.0.
- Power from CAN bus or from the USB side.
- Built-in real time (calendar) clock with battery backup.
- Logger status is indicated with four externally visible LEDs.
- Plastic housing with dimension WLH about 509025 mm (circa 2 x 3,5 x 1 inch)
- NOTE: Product ships with Commercial Grade SD card (-20 to +70°C). Industrial Grade SD cards (-40 to +85°C) are available for additional purchase. Contact your local Kvaser office for details.
Functions in Kvaser Memorator:
Kvaser Memorator can log continuously, or logging can be triggered by external triggers (rising or falling edge) and/or by messages and signals on the CAN bus (triggered by identifier, or data contents.) Pre- and post-triggers are available.
To enhance logging performance, Kvaser Memorator can filter out selectable messages to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.Memory cardsStandard MMC or SD type flash memory cards can be used. Larger memory cards, up to 1 GB, can be used. See our support pages for more information.
Configuration software in the PC:
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB.
Dataloggers, PC INTERFACES
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Included Card Size
Max Card Size
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-25 - 85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
Linux SDK library
Linux SDK library.
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Kvaser Database editor
Standalone installer for Kvaser Database Editor.
Kvaser Memorator Tools
Logger setup and configuration program for Kvaser Memorator Professional, Kvaser Memorator and Kvaser Memorator Light.
A free of charge, general-purpose CAN bus monitor. It works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser and also with the virtual CAN bus.
Trigger Kit for the Kvaser Memorator Family
Trigger Kit for the Kvaser Memorator Family
Kvaser Memorator Trigger Guide
Kvaser Memorator Setup Tool - Trigger Guide
Kvaser Memorator Users Guide
Kvaser Memorator Professional User's Guide
Kvaser Database Editor Users Guide
Kvaser Database Editor User's Guide
Getting Started Kvaser Memorator / Memorator Professional as Datalogger
Getting Started Kvaser Memorator/Memorator Professional as Datalogger
Kvaser Memorator Example
Kvaser Memorator Tools Setup Example
Kvaser Memorator Tools Introduction
Introduction to Kvaser Memorator Tools for Kvaser Memorator Professional.
Kvaser’s Memorator data loggers are an ideal fit for those gathering megabits to gigabits of CAN data. The Kvaser Memorator’s support Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) and Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC) formats, the former offering between...