Kvaser USBcan Rugged HS/HS
The Kvaser USBcan Rugged has a CAN bus interface with a standard USB interface. The Kvaser USBcan Rugged can be ordered with two High-Speed CAN channels (TJA1050 compliant), or one channel.
Major features of Kvaser USBcan Rugged
- One device for desktop and laptop.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A)
and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped
with 10 microseconds resolution.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for
- Automatically switches power
supply between CAN (primary) and USB (secondary), to reduce power drain
of laptop battery.
- Supports "listen-only" mode for
- High-performance driver support for major
- 100% compatible with
- applications written for Leaf, LAPcan, PCIcan, and
PCcan with KVASER's CANlib.
- One CAN connection ISO-11898
High speed, 50 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s (transceiver Philips TJA1050).
- Optional, second CAN connection
that can be either low-speed (transceiver Philips
TJA1054) or high-speed (ISO-11898).
- One USB 1.1 connection (12 Mbit/s) that is USB 2.0 compliant
- Power from CAN-bus or from the
- Extensive software support
- Excellent EMC performance
- IP54 classed
- Rugged metal housing
- Fault tolerant electrical CAN
5V and ca. 130mA if powered from the USB side. Ca. 850mW (9 – 30V DC) if powered from the CAN bus connector
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win XP, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 8
-40 - 85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.