Below are the suggested replacement products for the Kvaser USBcan II HS/HS.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us for more information.
Kvaser USBcan II HS/HS
NOTE: The Kvaser USBcan II HS/HS (73-30130-00159-6) has been marked "End of Life". Existing customers are encouraged to migrate to the Kvaser USBcan Light 2xHS (73-30130-00714-7).
For more information, please contact us.
The Kvaser USBcan II HS/HS is a two-channel CANbus interface (controller area network) for USB 1.1 and 2.0. Both channels are configured for High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2). A quick and flexible way to connect your PC to the CANbus.
- Two channel High Speed CAN bus channels (ISO 11898-2) through a standard USB interface.
- Supports 11 bit (CAN 2.0A) as well as 29 bit (CAN 2.0B) identifiers.
- Native USB 1.1 support, forward compatible with USB 2.0 in full-speed mode (i.e. 12 Mbit/s).
- Contains the powerful Mitsubishi M16C microcontroller, with two built-in CAN controllers.
- Remote frames can be sent and received without restrictions.
- Detect and generate error frames on the CAN bus.
- Auto Transmit for placing messages on the bus at set intervals.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
5V and ca. 130mA if powered from the USB side. Ca. 850mW (9 – 30V DC) if powered from the CAN bus connector
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-40 - 85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.