- 0USD 0.00
- CAN HardwareBy Kvaser
- CAN SoftwarePartner Directory
- About CAN
- SupportKvaser Help Support
- Kvaser Career00
The Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS provides a high-performance wireless CAN bridge that connects CAN networks. It is comprised of a preconfigured pair of plug-and-play units.
The Air Bridge is a system integration component for use in situations where a wired connection is unsuitable or challenging, such as between two moving parts that are connected by CAN.
Several pairs can co-exist in the same vicinity, without interfering with each other. As with all other wireless devices that use the 2.4 GHz frequency, the Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS may be susceptible to interference.
Read the User Guide (download the User Guide here, or search on the Downloads page), or Implementation Guide (included in a later lesson) to learn how to optimize conditions to ensure that the Air Bridge performs as intended.
• Kvaser has developed its own proprietary wireless/radio connection protocol
• The product uses a specially developed frequency hopping scheme.
• No application knowledge or programming required.
• Configuration free.
• Robust product design so no extra protection required when fitted for your environment.
• Wireless CAN Interface.
• 2.4 GHz Proprietary Protocol.
• Point to Point Radio Link.
• Internal Antenna Design.
• Antenna Output Power max 18 dBm approx.
• Automatic Baudrate Detection (125K, 250K, 500K, 1M).
• Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
• High-Speed CAN Connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s.
• Power Supplied through the CAN Bus Interface.
• Rugged Aluminum Housing.
• Extended operating temperature range from -40 to +70 °C.
• Plug-and-Play, Driver Free and Configuration Free.
• Internal antenna.
• Powered by CAN bus interface.
• Rugged aluminum housing.
• Several pairs can coexist.
Internal antenna is located here:
• ‘CAN’ – Yellow LED lights up with CANbus connection established.
• ‘RF’ – Blue LED lights up when radio is communicating.
• ‘PWR’ – Green LED lights up when unit is powered.
• Connection range up to 70 meters.
• Controllable latency – up to 4.8 ms.
The Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS offers a 9-pin D-SUB connector. In order to use Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS as wireless adaptor, you must supply power on the CAN side. See User Guide, section 4.2 for pin assignments.