Below are the suggested replacement products for the Kvaser Eagle.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us for more information.
NOTE: The Kvaser Eagle (73-30130-00567-9) has been marked "End of Life". Existing customers are encouraged to migrate to the Kvaser Memorator Pro 2xHS v2 (73-30130-00819-9).
Kvaser Eagle is a powerful dual channel CAN to standard USB high-speed data logger that is capable of running user-developed scripts. As a flexible, versatile, enhanced evolution of the Kvaser Memorator Professional, Kvaser Eagle offers more advanced logging and statistics collection capabilities than most other CAN interface products on the market. Eagle is also capable of collecting signal triggered data and performing periodic information gathering over a much longer period of time, thanks to its high memory capacity and low current consumption.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 2 microseconds resolution.
- Two high-speed CAN channels (compliant with ISO 11898-2), 10kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Connect Eagle to a PC to configure bit rates, trigger conditions and filters using Kvaser’s CANlib or Kvaser Memorator Tools.
- Kvaser Eagle's script functionality, allowing users to develop highly customised t-script applications written in the Kvaser t programming language.
- Encryption of scripts to protect intellectual property.
- Plug and play installation, and a comprehensive user guide to help make t script development quick and easy.
- Three built-in microprocessors (MCUs) that ensure real-time CAN bus performance. One MCU is used to handle each CAN channel and another MCU handles the script, ensuring that Eagle can also handle very large and complex scripts.
- 200MHz processor performance with minimal current consumption.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN messages and flashing LED light to alert the user to the buffer being overrun.
- Higher level protocols such as ISO 15765 and J1939 can be implemented in t-script. Working sample code for ISO 15765-2 is already included.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet.
- Log continuously, or logging can be triggered by creating advanced triggers based on messages, data signal values, error messages, external trigger's falling or rising edge, and I/O signals.
- Pre- and post-triggers are available without buffer size restrictions, limited by disk space only.
- Filter out selectable messages and/or signals to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.
- Support for pass as well as stop filters.
- Create a counting pass filter to have a message logged at enumerated occurrence.
- Handles up to 20,000 msgs/s in standalone logger mode.
- External digital output that can drive an LED or a buzzer.
- Supports Silent Mode - Log bus traffic safely without interfering and "listen-only" mode for bus analysis tools.
Memory Cards and Functions
- Supports SD and SDHC memory card formats.
- Set up several devices in a daisy chain for larger logging capacity.
- Configuration Software in the PC
- Easy to use graphic configuration tool - Memorator Tools.
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB.
- Using the included Kvaser Dispatcher software, a complete measurement setup can be turned into a self-installing package that is sent to a remote location to carry out a specific logging task.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Dataloggers, PC INTERFACES
Typical values are: 150mA if powered from the USB (~ 5V) 900mW when powered from the CAN bus
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Included Card Size
Max Card Size
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-30 °C to +85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser SocketCAN Device Drivers
Kvaser SocketCAN Drivers for Linux
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
Linux SDK library
Linux SDK library.
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Kvaser Database Editor 3
Kvaser Database Editor 3 (candbfd)
Kvaser Database editor
Standalone installer for Kvaser Database Editor.
Kvaser Memorator Tools
Logger setup and configuration program for Kvaser Memorator Professional, Kvaser Memorator and Kvaser Memorator Light.
A free of charge, general-purpose CAN bus monitor. It works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser and also with the virtual CAN bus.
Specification of Kvaser Memorator Device configuration XML format
Specification of Kvaser Memorator Device configuration XML format
Kvaser Eagle Users Guide
User guide for Kvaser Eagle
Kvaser Database Editor Users Guide
Kvaser Database Editor User's Guide
Kvaser t Programming Language
Documentation for the t programming language
WE HAVE OVER UNIQUE SOFTWARE OPTIONS TO PAIR WITH KVASER HARDWARE
As well as having a premium global reseller network, Kvaser provides all it’s customers with access to a large number of tailored software that works perfectly with Kvasrer hardware.
Bus Analysis25 Software Partners in this category
Monitor and analyze CAN messages on the bus. Check error codes, bus speed, and more.
Calibration8 Software Partners in this category
Software and tools use to measure and fine tune CAN bus systems with precision.
CANopen14 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries and software specializing in the CANopen protocol, widely used in the Industrial Automation market and beyond.
Data Acquisition5 Software Partners in this category
Software for data management and analysis in real-time and post-measurement. Some packages include provision for gathering video, gps and data from other sensors.
Diagnostics11 Software Partners in this category
Tools for developing diagnostic functionality in any system, including ECUs. These include pre-generated diagnostic software components that will help developers and engineers to create reliable diagnostic functions and sequences that work throughout the test chain.
ECU Development12 Software Partners in this category
Development platforms that enable the design of automotive subsystems, up to entire ECU networks.
Protocol Stack11 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries for developing CANopen slave or master devices. Available in C-code and supporting a range of MCUs, these stacks are proven in the field.
System Development12 Software Partners in this category
Software packages that aid in the development of high-quality systems for automation, automotive, and systems integration.
Kvaser-Compatible Software Provided by 98 Software Partners
See our entire list of 52 Technical Associates over 97 countries always ready to give you fully customized support.View Partner List