Kvaser Memorator R SemiPro
Kvaser Memorator R SemiPro is an advanced, rugged, two channel CAN (controller area network) to USB interface and standalone data logger - two products in one! To ruggedize the design, Kvaser has soldered the SD card to the PCB to make sure it works error free even when exposed to vibration and shocks. Galvanic isolation and an aluminium housing complete the package.
In standalone mode, this device logs data to an SD card, whilst in interface mode, it connects the CAN bus to the PC via USB. Connect this datalogger to a PC to configure baud rates, trigger conditions and filters using the Kvaser Memorator Tools software, included.
- One device for desktop and laptop, combining a standalone CAN bus data logger and a USB CAN bus interface.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 2 microseconds resolution.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN messages.
- Two high-speed CAN channels (compliant with ISO 11898-2), 10kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Galvanic isolation to protect the hardware.
- Power from CAN bus or from the USB side.
- Built-in real time (calendar) clock with battery backup.
- Logger status is indicated with five externally visible LEDs.
- Driver support for major operating systems.
- Support for Kvaser Linx J1587.
- IP65 rated lightweight aluminium housing protects against dust and moisture.
- Log continuously, or logging can be triggered by creating advanced triggers based on messages, data signal values, error messages, external trigger's falling or rising edge, and I/O signals.
- Pre- and post-triggers are available without buffer size restrictions, limited by disk space only.
- Filter out selectable messages and/or signals to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.
- Support for pass as well as stop filters.
- Create a counting pass filter to have a message logged at enumerated occurrence.
- Handles up to 20,000 msgs/s in standalone logger mode.
- External digital output that can drive an LED or a buzzer.
- Less than 250 ms boot up time.
- Supports Silent Mode - Log bus traffic safely without interfering and "listen-only" mode for bus analysis tools.
Memory Cards and Functions
- One fixed 4GB memory card.
- Set up several devices in a daisy chain for larger logging capacity.
- Upload logged data via USB at 1.2 MB/s when connected via USB 2.0 HiSpeed.
Configuration Software in the PC
- Easy to use graphic configuration tool - Memorator Tools.
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB.
- Using the included Kvaser Dispatcher software, a complete measurement setup can be turned into a self-installing package that is sent to a remote location to carry out a specific logging task.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details. Register your product at kvaser.com/getting-started for an additional 1-year Warranty Extension.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Linux, Win 7, Win 10, Win 8
-40 °C to +85 °C
Timestamp Resolution (µs)
Kvaser SocketCAN Device Drivers
Kvaser SocketCAN Drivers for Linux
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
Linux SDK library
Linux SDK library.
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Kvaser Memorator R SemiPro Users Guide
User guide for Memorator R SemiPro
Kvaser Memorator Professional Trigger Guide
Introduction to Kvaser Memorator Tools for Kvaser Memorator Professional.
Kvaser Database Editor Users Guide
Kvaser Database Editor User's Guide
Kvaser Memorator Tools Introduction
Introduction to Kvaser Memorator Tools for Kvaser Memorator Professional.
Kvaser Database editor
Standalone installer for Kvaser Database Editor.
Kvaser Memorator Tools
Logger setup and configuration program for Kvaser Memorator Professional, Kvaser Memorator and Kvaser Memorator Light.
A free of charge, general-purpose CAN bus monitor. It works with all CAN interfaces from Kvaser and also with the virtual CAN bus.
No media available.
WE HAVE OVER UNIQUE SOFTWARE OPTIONS TO PAIR WITH KVASER HARDWARE
As well as having a premium global reseller network, Kvaser provides all it’s customers with access to a large number of tailored software that works perfectly with Kvasrer hardware.
Bus Analysis26 Software Partners in this category
Monitor and analyze CAN messages on the bus. Check error codes, bus speed, and more.
Calibration9 Software Partners in this category
Software and tools use to measure and fine tune CAN bus systems with precision.
CANopen13 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries and software specializing in the CANopen protocol, widely used in the Industrial Automation market and beyond.
Data Acquisition10 Software Partners in this category
Software for data management and analysis in real-time and post-measurement. Some packages include provision for gathering video, gps and data from other sensors.
Diagnostics15 Software Partners in this category
Tools for developing diagnostic functionality in any system, including ECUs. These include pre-generated diagnostic software components that will help developers and engineers to create reliable diagnostic functions and sequences that work throughout the test chain.
ECU Development14 Software Partners in this category
Development platforms that enable the design of automotive subsystems, up to entire ECU networks.
Protocol Stack12 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries for developing CANopen slave or master devices. Available in C-code and supporting a range of MCUs, these stacks are proven in the field.
System Development19 Software Partners in this category
Software packages that aid in the development of high-quality systems for automation, automotive, and systems integration.
Kvaser-Compatible Software Provided by 118 Software Partners
See our entire list of 52 Technical Associates over 97 countries always ready to give you fully customized support.View Partner List