Which Linux distribution do you recommend?
Our Linux driver should work on any Linux distribution with kernel headers installed, but is only regularly tested on Ubuntu.
Linux: Can I use SocketCAN with my Kvaser interface?
SocketCAN is a set of open source CAN drivers and a networking stack, and is included in many Linux distributions. Many Kvaser CAN interfaces are supported by SocketCAN, including Leaf, USBcan and PCI cards. The elinux.org site currently lists supported Kvaser hardware as:
**UPDATE – October 25, 2018**
Linux Kernel v4.19, is updated with support for the following devices:
- Kvaser Leaf Pro HS v2 (EAN: 73-30130-00843-4)
- Kvaser Hybrid 2xCAN/LIN (EAN: 73-30130-00965-3)
- Kvaser Hybrid Pro 2xCAN/LIN (EAN: 73-30130-01042-0)
- Kvaser Memorator 2xHS v2 (EAN: 73-30130-00821-2)
- Kvaser Memorator Pro 2xHS v2 (EAN: 73-30130-00819-9)
- Kvaser Memorator Pro 5xHS (EAN: 73-30130-00778-9)
- Kvaser USBcan Light 4xHS (EAN: 73-30130-00831-1)
- Kvaser USBcan Pro 2xHS v2 (EAN: 73-30130-00752-9)
- Kvaser USBcan Pro 5xHS (EAN: 73-30130-00779-6)
- ATI Memorator Pro 2xHS v2 (Go to ATI website)
- ATI USBcan Pro 2xHS v2 (Go to ATI website)
- Supports all PCI-[mini]PCI[e] variants
- Supports USB Leaf / Memorator / Blackbird / R
- Kvaser USBCan-II HS/LS
- Kvaser USBCan-II HS/HS
- Kvaser USBcan Rugged (“USBcan Rev B”)
- Kvaser Memorator HS/LS
- Kvaser Memorator HS/HS
- Scania VCI2 (if you have the Kvaser logo on top)
Full details can be found at http://elinux.org/CAN_Bus#SocketCAN_Supported_Controllers
If you require SocketCAN support for Kvaser products designated “v2”, please contact [email protected] for more information.
* Please note that SocketCAN is not maintained or developed by Kvaser, so Kvaser does not have direct control over which interfaces will be supported.