Part 2: Hardware
The Kvaser DIN Rail SE400S-X10 is a powerful Ethernet to CAN/CAN FD interface with support for Kvaser t programs. It has four CAN/CAN FD channels and support for I/O via add-on modules.
The Kvaser DIN Rail SE400S-X10, or SE400 as we’ll call it for short, is a master for the analog I/O, digital I/O and relay add-ons. Housing has a smart mounting clip that attaches to a DIN Rail for easy installation.
The communication between the I/O modules and the Kvaser DIN Rail SE400S-X10 uses an optical bus, thus there is no need for cables in between.
The I/O modules can be controlled either from Kvaser’s CANlib SDK, over Ethernet, or directly on the unit using Kvaser t programs.
The SE400 is compatible with applications that use Kvaser’s CANlib SDK.
The SE400 major hardware features include multi-channel CAN to Ethernet interface.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Megabits per second with correct physical layer implementation.
- Capable of sending up to 20,000 messages per second, per CAN channel.
- Ethernet connection with an auto-MDIX using a standard shielded RJ45 socket.
- Galvanically isolated CAN channels.
- It can use up to four add-on modules for digital and/or analog inputs and outputs, controllable through Kvaser CANlib.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet. Lightweight plastic housing for easy mounting on DIN Rail, no tools needed.
- Quick and easy installation.
The 400S software features includes support for programs written in the Kvaser t programming language, enabling, for example, gateway functionality. Allows users to develop I/O functionality written in the Kvaser t programming language. And it’s compatible with all applications written for Kvaser hardware, such as PCIcan and USBcan, using the Kvaser CANlib SDK.