Kvaser CANlib SDK
The CANlib Software Development Kit is your transparent Application Programming Interface for working with all Kvaser hardware platforms.
This software development kit includes a virtual hardware that can do just about everything our real hardware can. Download the kit and begin developing for any Kvaser hardware right away. Once you get a Kvaser interface you can seamlessly transition from the virtual driver.
The Kvaser CANlib SDK is free and supports the following compilers:
- Microsoft Visual C/C++
- Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero C++ Builder
- gcc, MinGW
- Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero Delphi (all versions)
- Microsoft Visual Basic and VB.NET
- Microsoft C#
- Also various examples for managed C++ code, Python, etc.
Some of the contents of SDK:
- Example programs
- Debug your own CAN tools using CanKing (free of charge bus monitor)
- Getting-started and reference documentation
- Supports virtual (non-hardware) CAN channels which you can use for test or demo purposes. Install the virtual drivers today and try everything out.
- Limited 16-bit (DOS, Windows 3.x) support for the PCcan family of boards available as a separate download
- Support libraries for SAE J2534, RP1210A, RP1210B
- Support libraries for LIN and J1708/J1587 (special Kvaser hardware required)
- Support libraries for porting legacy code from a selection of other vendor’s APIs
Software written using CANlib provides compatibility with present and future hardware from Kvaser. An application using CANlib can be used on another platform without modifications.
Support for Linux is available as a separate download, see our Linux Driver and SDK page for more.