Kvaser BlackBird v2
Price: USD 1,056.00
Kvaser BlackBird v2 is a high performance wireless (WLAN) communication link for the High Speed CAN bus. More powerful and versatile a WLAN solution than Kvaser's original BlackBird, Kvaser BlackBird v2 incorporates a new radio chip with up to 75% better range.
The BlackBird v2's ability to leverage existing wireless infrastructure makes it ideal for replacing cumbersome cable, accessing hard-to-reach CAN networks, or for monitoring a CANbus while in motion.
- WLAN version 802.11b/g/n.
- IP65-rated for protection against water and dust.
- Responds to increased market demand for iOS and Android API with a “device agnostic” HTTP-based REST API (more info on REST >>)
- Up to 75% increased range.
- Works in AdHoc and Infrastructure mode.
- Lightweight but highly rugged aluminum housing.
- Polyurethane cabling suitable for extreme environments.
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN bus driver stage to protect the hardware.
- Interfaces the CAN bus with a standard D-SUB connector.
- Configured via USB connection.
- Can be used as a wired interface.
- Operating voltage CAN bus (7 - 40 V DC).
- Messages are time-stamped and synchronized with a precision of 25 microsecond.
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2).
- Supports 11-bit and 29-bit identifiers.
- For configuration instructions, see User Guide, or reference the Developer Blog article, "How to connect multiple Kvaser BlackBirds".
2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details.
Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Typical values are: 370mA if powered from the USB (-5 V). 4.2W for single channel powered from the CAN bus.
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win XP, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-40 °C to +70 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser SocketCAN Device Drivers
Kvaser SocketCAN Drivers for Linux
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Kvaser REST API Specification
Specification of the Kvaser REST API.
Kvaser BlackBird v2 Users Guide
Users Guide for Blackbird v2
Kvaser Remote Device Configuration XML Format
Description of the XML configuration format for Kvaser Remote devices.
Kvaser BlackBird Getting Started Guide
Kvaser BlackBird Getting Started Guide
Kvaser Blackbird Configuration Tutorial (Part 1)
This tutorial demonstrates how to setup the Kvaser Blackbird wireless CAN interface. Includes configuration, security, and network connection.
Kvaser Blackbird Connect Tutorial (Part 2)
This tutorial describes how to connect a configured Kvaser Blackbird device to a computer.
Kvaser Blackbird v2
Kvaser BlackBird v2 is a powerful Wifi to CAN interface.
WE HAVE OVER UNIQUE SOFTWARE OPTIONS TO PAIR WITH KVASER HARDWARE
As well as having a premium global reseller network, Kvaser provides all it’s customers with access to a large number of tailored software that works perfectly with Kvasrer hardware.
Bus Analysis24 Software Partners in this category
Monitor and analyze CAN messages on the bus. Check error codes, bus speed, and more.
Calibration8 Software Partners in this category
Software and tools use to measure and fine tune CAN bus systems with precision.
CANopen14 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries and software specializing in the CANopen protocol, widely used in the Industrial Automation market and beyond.
Data Acquisition6 Software Partners in this category
Software for data management and analysis in real-time and post-measurement. Some packages include provision for gathering video, gps and data from other sensors.
Diagnostics11 Software Partners in this category
Tools for developing diagnostic functionality in any system, including ECUs. These include pre-generated diagnostic software components that will help developers and engineers to create reliable diagnostic functions and sequences that work throughout the test chain.
ECU Development11 Software Partners in this category
Development platforms that enable the design of automotive subsystems, up to entire ECU networks.
Protocol Stack11 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries for developing CANopen slave or master devices. Available in C-code and supporting a range of MCUs, these stacks are proven in the field.
System Development13 Software Partners in this category
Software packages that aid in the development of high-quality systems for automation, automotive, and systems integration.
Kvaser-Compatible Software Provided by 98 Software Partners
See our entire list of 52 Technical Associates over 97 countries always ready to give you fully customized support.View Partner List