Below are the suggested replacement products for the Kvaser Leaf Light Rugged HS.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us for more information.
Kvaser Leaf Light Rugged HS
NOTE: The Kvaser Leaf Light Rugged HS (73-30130-00427-6) has been designated Not For New Design (NFND), effective September 27, 2017.
This means that: a) these products will be available for 12 months from NFND initiation, b) after 12 months, these products are not guaranteed to be available, and c) at that point will be subject to price increases.
The goal of the NFND policy is to extend the life of our products as long as possible to serve our customers with extremely long product life cycles.
We encourage customers to migrate to the new version of the product, Kvaser Leaf Light R v2 (EAN: 73-30130-00921-9). You can purchase these interfaces on the Kvaser website or through a Qualified Sales Representative (QSR).
Download the official NFND Notice here.
Kvaser Leaf Light Rugged is a one channel USB interface for CAN. While the internal components are the same as the popular Leaf Light HS, the rugged IP65-rated housing assures reliable protection against water and dust in harsh environments.
- IP65 rated lightweight aluminium housing. IP certification rates the level of intrusion by solids and liquids. IP 65 level confirms that the device is: “Protected from total dust ingress. Protected from low pressure water jets from any direction.”
- Polyurethane cabling for extreme environments.
- Temperature range -40 °C - +85 °C.
- 8000 messages per second, each time-stamped with 100 microsecond accuracy.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Supports data and remote frames.
- Detects error frames.
- Very good EMC performance.
- Fully compatible with all higher layer protocols including J1939 and CANopen.
- Interfaces the CAN bus with a 9-pin D-SUB connector.
- Galvanically isolated CAN bus driver.
- Designed for USB 2.0, backward compliant with USB 1.1.
- Low power-consumption.
- Quick and easy Plug-and-Play installation.
- A practically unlimited number of Kvaser Leafs can be connected via standard USB hubs for simultaneous use on a single PC.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Kvaser SocketCAN Device Drivers
Kvaser SocketCAN Drivers for Linux
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
WE HAVE OVER UNIQUE SOFTWARE OPTIONS TO PAIR WITH KVASER HARDWARE
As well as having a premium global reseller network, Kvaser provides all it’s customers with access to a large number of tailored software that works perfectly with Kvasrer hardware.
Bus Analysis24 Software Partners in this category
Monitor and analyze CAN messages on the bus. Check error codes, bus speed, and more.
Calibration8 Software Partners in this category
Software and tools use to measure and fine tune CAN bus systems with precision.
CANopen14 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries and software specializing in the CANopen protocol, widely used in the Industrial Automation market and beyond.
Data Acquisition6 Software Partners in this category
Software for data management and analysis in real-time and post-measurement. Some packages include provision for gathering video, gps and data from other sensors.
Diagnostics11 Software Partners in this category
Tools for developing diagnostic functionality in any system, including ECUs. These include pre-generated diagnostic software components that will help developers and engineers to create reliable diagnostic functions and sequences that work throughout the test chain.
ECU Development12 Software Partners in this category
Development platforms that enable the design of automotive subsystems, up to entire ECU networks.
Protocol Stack11 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries for developing CANopen slave or master devices. Available in C-code and supporting a range of MCUs, these stacks are proven in the field.
System Development13 Software Partners in this category
Software packages that aid in the development of high-quality systems for automation, automotive, and systems integration.
Kvaser-Compatible Software Provided by 99 Software Partners
See our entire list of 52 Technical Associates over 97 countries always ready to give you fully customized support.View Partner List