Kvaser Mini PCI Express 2xHS v2
Price: USD 660.00
The Kvaser Mini PCI Express 2xHS v2 is a small (30 x 51mm), yet advanced, real time CAN interface that adds two high speed CAN or CAN FD channels to any standard computer with mini PCI Express capability. PC communication is over the PCI Express system bus, making for extremely low latency with a time stamp accuracy of 1 µs.
- Fully compliant to the PCIe bus specification 1.2, Type F2 form factor (Full-Mini with bottom-side keep outs).
- High-speed CAN connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), supporting a bit rate from 50 to 1000 kbit/s for Classical CAN and up to 8Mbit/s for CAN FD.
- High transmission rate of up to 20000 messages/s on each channel.
- Time stamp accuracy of 1 µs.
- Galvanic isolation.
- Suitable for industrial environments.
- Low profile mini PCI Express-compliant 7-pin Molex connector provides CAN channel access.
- Includes Molex to DSUB9 cable adapter.
- Complies with EN 61000-6-2:2005, specifying EMC immunity for industrial environments.
- Operates over the industrial temperature range of -40 to +85°C.
- Kvaser’s free of charge CANLIB SDK can be used to develop software for the Mini PCI Express HS
- board. Windows DLL library and examples included.
- Supports Windows Vista or later.
- Linux drivers and a dedicated SDK are available as a separate download.
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C.
- Note: Kvaser's already-existing Kvaser Mini PCI Express HS and Kvaser Mini PCI Express 2xHS products will remain available for sale. The primary difference is that these previous versions utilize the USB system bus for communication with the PC.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details. Register your product at www.kvaser.com/getting-started for an additional 1-year Warranty Extension.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, Kvaser CANlib SDK and drivers can be downloaded for free at
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the
- Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#,
- Delphi, Visual Basic, Python and t Script.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share the common software API, CANLib SDK. Programs written for one
- interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types.
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- HTML-Help and online documentation in Windows and Linux.
Typically 700 mW idle plus max 150 mW per channel, i.e. max 850 mW for a single channel interface. Only uses 3.3 V.
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Mini PCI Express
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-40 - 85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Development Kits and Tools
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser announces a series of new Mini PCI Express interfaces with extremely low latency designed for real-time environments. Both single- and dual-channel interfaces communicate with the PC over the PCI Express system bus, allowing for excellent real-time performance and 1µs time-stamping. Supports both CAN and CAN FD. Available for sale now. Click through to the … Read More
Did you ever think it would be possible to design a car – let alone an autonomous one – just like a smartphone? Harbrick has designed a clever piece of kit that allows you to do just that. Containing an Intel Bay Trail Atom quad core processor running Harbrick’s PolySync software, Kvaser’s mini PCI Express ... Read More
Kvaser is pleased to announce a highly integrated CAN add-on board that supplements any standard computer board with mini PCI Express capability with two high speed controller area network (CAN) channels.