Kvaser Mini PCI Express HS
Price: USD 435.00
The Kvaser Mini PCI Express HS is a highly-integrated CAN (controller area network) add-on board that lets embedded system developers add CAN functionality to any standard computer board with mini PCI Express capability.
The add on board offers a single channel, high speed CAN interface with error frame detection and on-board buffer. This board has a low profile connector that complies with the mini PCI Express standard, which connects via a cable to a DSUB connector (or other type) at the computer housing. With just the CAN communication link itself exposed, total system EMC performance is protected because all the electronics remain inside the computer housing.
- Supports a bit rate from 40 to 1000 kbit/s and a CAN transfer rate up to 20000 messages/s.
- Time stamp accuracy is 25 µs.
- Low profile connector complies with the mini PCI Express standard, which connects via a cable to a DSUB (or other type) at the computer housing.
- A 4 pin Molex connector provides single CAN channel access.
- Complies with EN 61000-6-2:2005, specifying EMC immunity for industrial environments.
- Operates over the industrial temperature range of -40 to +85°C.
- • Kvaser’s free of charge CANLIB SDK can be used to develop software for the Mini PCI Express HS board.
- Support for Linux, in the form of drivers and a dedicated SDK, are available as a separate download
- Support for SocketCAN, see elinux.org for details.
- Includes Molex to DSUB9 cable adapter.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Interfaces, PC INTERFACES
Molex 53780 PanelMate TM
Typical values are (@ 3.3V from Mini PCI Express slot): 180mA (Kvaser Mini PCI Express HS), 280mA (Kvaser Mini PCI Express 2xHS)
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Mini PCI Express
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-40 - 85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.