Below are the suggested replacement products for the Kvaser USBcan Professional.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us for more information.
Kvaser USBcan Professional
NOTE: The Kvaser USBcan Professional (73-30130-00357-6) has been marked "Not For New Designs". Existing customers are encouraged to migrate to the Kvaser USBcan Pro 2xHS v2 (73-30130-00752-9).
For more information, please contact us.
The Kvaser USBcan Professional with MagiSync is a high performance, two channel CAN bus interface with a standard USB1.1 connection. It enables several interfaces to be easily connected to a desktop or laptop PC. With quick reaction times and high data throughput, the Kvaser USBcan Professional is perfect for rapid ECU re-flashing, advanced bus analyzers, and efficient development work.
- Two high-speed channels with ISO 11898-2 compliant CAN transceivers, 10 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Supports 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Kvaser's MagiSync™ technology to synchronize time stamps across multiple units without extra wires.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- When combined with the Kvaser Linx, it also supports the J1587 bus.
- CAN messages time-stamped and synchronized with a precision of 2 microseconds.
- Silent mode for analyzing tools.
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN bus driver stage to protect the hardware.
- Designed for USB 2.0, backward compliant with USB 1.1.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN message.
- Plastic housing with dimension W*L*H about 50*90*25 mm (approx 2 x 3,5 x 1 inch).
- A practically unlimited number of Kvaser USBcan Professional devices can be connected via standard USB hubs for simultaneous use on a single PC.
- Excellent error handling.
- Labeled CAN channel for easy identification of the supported physical layer.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK [link} is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Auto RX Buffers, Auto TX Buffers, On Board Buffer
Interfaces, PC INTERFACES
~5V and 130mA when powered from the USB.
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-40 - 85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Development Kits and Tools
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.