Kvaser USBcan R
NOTE: The Kvaser USBcan R (73-30130-00579-2) has been designated Not For New Design (NFND), effective September 27, 2017.
This means that: a) these products will be available for 12 months from NFND initiation, b) after 12 months, these products are not guaranteed to be available, and c) at that point will be subject to price increases.
The goal of the NFND policy is to extend the life of our products as long as possible to serve our customers with extremely long product life cycles.
We encourage customers to migrate to the new version of the product, Kvaser USBcan R v2 (EAN: 73-30130-00920-2). You can purchase these interfaces on the Kvaser website or through a Qualified Sales Representative (QSR).
Download the official NFND Notice here.
The Kvaser USBcan R is robust, easy-to-carry device designed for high-end applications. Two CAN (controller area network) channels provice quick reaction times and high data throughput. The Kvaser USBcan R is perfect for rapid ECU re-flashing, advanced bus analyzers and efficient development work.
- IP65 rated lightweight aluminum housing protects against dust and moisture.
- Polyurethane cabling for extreme environments.
- Supports 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN bus driver stage to protect the hardware.
- 110 cm (44 in.) long USB cable and a 30 cm (12 in.) long CAN cable.
- Interfaces the CANbus with two 9-pin D-SUB connectors.
- Designed for USB 2.0, backward compliant with USB 1.1.
- Quick and easy Plug-and-Play installation.
- Support for SocketCAN, see elinux.org for details.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Auto RX Buffers, Auto TX Buffers, On Board Buffer
Interfaces, PC INTERFACES
~ 5V and 130mA powered from the USB.
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-40 - 85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Development Kits and Tools
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
No media available.