Kvaser PCIEcan HS v2
Price: USD 457.00
Kvaser PCIEcan HS v2 is a highly integrated, high speed controller area network (CAN) card that adds a single high speed (ISO 11898-2) CAN channel to any standard computer board with PCI Express capability. At 86 x 69 mm, this has a smaller form factor and lower profile than the Kvaser PCIEcan HS.
Offering silent mode, error frame detection/generation and an on-board buffer, this add-on board fits many embedded data acquisition systems and is CAN FD compliant.
• Standard (PCIe-x1) PCI Express interface.
• Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
• Supports High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2) up to 1Mbit/s.
• Supports CAN 2.0 A and 2.0 B (active).
• Supports CAN FD up to 8Mbit/s (with proper physical layer implementation).
• Low profile card allows ultra-compact systems.
• Includes low and high profile brackets.
• Implements Kvaser’s CAN IP in an FPGA, resulting in high max message rate.
• Yellow LED indicates when a CAN message was received or sent.
• Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet.
• Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib.
• Supports silent mode for analysis tools – listens to the bus without interfering.
• Detection and generation of error frames and remote frames.
• Designed for standard and industrial computers.
• Galvanically isolated CAN bus drivers.
• Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85°C.
• 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details.
• Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting [email protected]
• Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
• Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, Java, Python and Visual Basic.
• All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
• J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
• RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
• On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Interfaces, PC INTERFACES
“Typically 700 mW idle plus max 150 mW per channel, i.e. max 850 mW for a single channel interface. Only uses 3.3 V.”
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-40 - 85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Development Kits and Tools
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.