Kvaser BlackBird SemiPro 3xHS
NOTE: The Kvaser Blackbird SemiPro 3xHS (73-30130-00446-7) has been marked "End of Life". Existing customers are encouraged to migrate to the Kvaser Blackbird v2 (73-30130-00671-3).
For more information, please contact us.
Kvaser BlackBird SemiPro is a powerful and versatile WLAN solution that is able to function over existing wireless infrastructure or to generate it's own 'hotspot' wireless network.
Kvaser BlackBird SemiPro is a high performance wireless
communication link to the CAN bus utilizing WLAN technology, which offers increased mobility and extended range
of coverage for CAN bus networks.
- WLAN version 802.11b/g
- Encryption: WPA2/WPA/WEP128/WEP64
- Accessibility: Public/Private
- Provides the functionality of a WLAN and a USB to CAN bus interface in a single
- Designed for USB 2.0, backward compliant with USB 1.1
- IP67 rated lightweight aluminium housing
- Messages are time-stamped and synchronized with a precision of 25
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN
2.0B active) identifiers
- Supports silent mode for analyzing tools.
- Polyurethane cabling for extreme environments.
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN bus driver stage
to protect the hardware.
- 100% software compatible with applications written for all
Kvaser hardware with Kvaser CANlib SDK
- Equipped with a 45 cm (17.7 in.) long CAN cable.
- Interfaces the CAN bus with a D-SUB connector.
- Quick and easy Plug-and-Play installation.
- Operating voltage CAN bus (7 - 40 V DC)
- Includes DSUB 15 pin to 3xDSUB 9 pin adapter
Interfaces, PC INTERFACES
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win XP, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-30 - 85 °C
Timestamp R (µ)
Kvaser Linux Drivers and SDK
Linux drivers and SDK for most Kvaser devices.
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.