Tongji DIAN Racing from Tongji University performed well in Formula Student China 2017, ranking 4th for Electric racing teams!
The DIAN Racing team has been awarded many prizes:
- Featured in both the Vehicle Design Report and Marketing Report
- Third in High-speed Obstacle Avoidance
- First prize of Vehicle Dynamics Simulation of MATLAB/SIMUlink Application Award
- First prize of Honda Award
- First prize of Klclear “Best BMS Application Award” and “BMS Best Battery Compartment Design Award”
- First prize of Best Electrical System and Harness Design of Siemens Mentor International Award
- First prize of NIO Best Powertrain
- Second prize of NIO Best Vehicle Inspection Award
- Bitauto(BITA) Innovation Award.
As a high-level international racing team, Tongji Dian Racing Team independently designs and manufactures an electric formula car each year, and achieves impressive results in all major electric Formula Student events around the world.
This season’s new car – DRe17 – has undergone a significant change in technology and appearance, including: the use of four electric motors, a third spring, a self-built BMS, and other technologies to bring new ideas into the domestic electric car design. The resulting dynamic performance proved the superiority of the program.
The stable performance of the racing team is based on countless test runs and precise requirements on the different specifications and values, such as including data capture quickly and easily for analysis using the Kvaser Memorator Pro 2xHS v2 interface and data logger.
Weiqi Sun, from Tongji DIAN Racing says:
“We use the Kvaser data logger for each test to record and analyze the data and also for the competition. The Kvaser Memorator interface and data logger is very easy to use, data recording is accurate. The master computer can get the time of power on, and it provides a variety of output data file types for us to choose from; often we can even directly analyze the test data in the field.”
Kvaser data loggers are the first choice of CAN bus interface for the world’s Formula Racing teams based on their ability to efficiently gather parameters such as battery usage, cooling pack temperature, lean angles, suspension data, wheel speed, torque, acceleration and braking.
Besides DIAN Racing, Kvaser has sponsored racing teams from all over the worlds, such as:
- Qizhen Formula Car Team from Zhejiang University in China
- High-Octane Motorsports from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg in Germany | Read More >>
- Formula Technion – a student team from Israel’s Institute of Technology (the Technion)
- Caltech’s Sustainable Vehicle Club | Read More >>
- Chihuahua Institute of Technology in Mexico | Read More >>
Perhaps you have participated or are preparing to participate in the Formula Student China Competition? Kvaser is always pleased to work closely with major automobile institutes and racing teams across world.
Click below to read more about Kvaser’s University Sponsorship Program.